Thursday, April 6, 2017

Premiere Part II

Photo from Pexels
After becoming more familiar with my love and hatred of Adobe Premiere last week in PR pubs, this week was about revisiting Premiere and the Lynda.com course over premiere and getting a better perspective on it.

On Tuesday, we looked at our video project, which will be a short interview with a partner inspired by Story Corps. For those of you who have never heard of Story Corps, Story Corp is a story sharing platform designed to record stories of regular individuals via a recorded interview. It's a really interesting project. The TED Talk over its inception is inspiring. 

In creating this project, each group of two individuals will interview each other and create videos of the other. The aim is to get a two-and-a-half-minute-long video highlighting something interesting from that person's story. 

With the project being introduced, we spent the rest of class on Tuesday and Thursday's class revisiting Adobe Premiere, since last week our going through the Lynda tutorials may have been a little spotty or confusing. Instead of following along with the tutorial in Premiere, I just watched the tutorial. I feel that this time around I absorbed more about what we are supposed to be doing on a video project and less of the technical aspects and execution itself in Premiere. The shortcuts and tips are important, but equally important is knowing what constitutes good editing versus terrible editing. Those principles will be foremost on my mind in working on the Story Corps project. 

I'm glad we are getting to work with video because I think it's probably the most powerful medium. If pictures are worth a thousand words, then videos must be worth millions. In addition, the skills I'm learning in Premiere will be put to the test soon. I have been handling the Choctaws of OU communications efforts. At the end of the semester, we will be having a banquet where the director of College and Career Resources will be there, similarly to the banquet for which I made a video (if you want to hear the story, see my previous post.). I want to produce a video for it. 

Since the last banquet, I feel that I have seasoned in my understanding of the strategic communication process. I also feel that I will have the tools to make a moving video that will potentially be seen by a program director. 

All of this aside, I am very much looking forward to working on the Story Corps project. It is my hope that I will learn some helpful tips and tricks that will aid me in completing my Choctaws of OU video project. 

GIF from Tumblr

No comments:

Post a Comment