Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Professional Portrait

Photo by Wyatt Stanford

My name is Wyatt Stanford. Everyone calls me Wyatt. 

I am from a small town in southeastern Oklahoma called Haileyville. If you don't know where that is, it's about 14 miles east of McAlester. There were 23 people in my graduating class. Even though I am living in Norman attending college, I still consider Haileyville, and to a greater extent, southeast Oklahoma home. I return home quite frequently to see family and friends and to do photography. 
One of my favorite photos I have taken. 
The night sky is my favorite subject. 
Photo by Wyatt Stanford


Right now, I am a junior. This year, I transferred to OU after earning my associate degree in mass communication from Eastern Oklahoma State College (Go Mountaineers!) in Wilburton, Oklahoma. 

What gets me jazzed up about public relations is the wide range of career paths in the field and the skills associated with it. I feel that my talents and interest line up really well with public relations, and I am so excited to carry that over into the career world. My dream is to work in tribal communications, communicating and advocating for Native Americans, especially my tribe, the Choctaw Nation of Oklahoma. 

My desire to learn and do my best motivate me. I have a strong work ethic, which I think relates back to wanting to give my 100 percent. I get much satisfaction from a job well-done. An added bonus would be somebody benefitting from my work. 

Writing is one of the principle my principal forms of expression. Along with photography, I feel that writing gives me a voice. I've always been told I should pursue a career in writing and I never thought that I would end up exactly that! Outside of journalistic/PR writing, I love to write for leisure. It's nice to create my own world to take myself out of the real one every now and then. 

No comments:

Post a Comment